Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Box Card

I usually make this when people want to give chocolates as gift along with a card or if they want to give many cards.

You can add chocolates or sweets and put the card on top of them.



I have dyed the paper myself, Khaki or Army colour. Roughed it around the edges.
I drew the flowers on gold wrapping paper and applied glitter on the edges. For some flowers I used brown marker to give them an antique look.
There is a lot of sequence and embossing paste effects.
I totally forgot to take picture of the inner side. Hopefully I'll edit later, too lazy at the moment! hahahaha
This is how the box looks when closed. I spray painted the fern and the shells, along with some dried flowers. Sponged gold paint along the sides of the box. I dyed the box too so that I could get a rough look and textured card sheet in the end.

6 comments:

Bev said...

Wow, this is just amazing work - lurve the colours

Annapurna said...

Wow! So pretty. Love all that gold. Great idea.

Thank you for my award. I am so behind on posting these awards. Not sure I remember all the ones I have to post anymore.

SmilynStef said...

What a fabulous gift this would make ... the gold is fabulous ... your creations are amazing.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Amazing amazing amazing! I just can't believe the beauty of this. I love your gold flowers immensely. Especially how they are filled with different shades and the glitter. The dots and that flourish tie it all in, and how the shells and the box all go together. WOW! I'd love to know how you dye your paper too because it looks TOO scrumptious! You ROCK!!! :O)

Godelieve said...

Stunning! Really love what you create!

Shirley said...

An absolutely beautiful and stunning piece of art. The box is so lovely for encasing your wonderful wall hanging too.