Saturday, October 18, 2008

Balloons, grass, fence and a boy

Hi everyone!

Weather is changing here, it was quite cool in the morning (very early morning) but then in the afternoon it was a typical DRY October. Yes chap sticks, Vaseline, lotions and especially cocoa butter cream are all on my dressing table now. That kind of month has started and I don’t like THIS kind of month because my skin is as dry as Sahara LOL. Is that even a comparison? Can I say that? Ha-ha. You know what I mean right?




The card that I have to show you today was made couple of weeks back. I have seen everyone making a belt around the card and decorating it with scalloped edges, ribbons and what not. This is my first attempt at the BELT card. LOL I hope this is what it is called! Hahaha

I have cut the circles out from a wrapping paper and as usual the flowers are hand drawn.



And this is the inside...
I am proud of the fence and the grass! It is the first time I have made them. I know that the fence is quite irregular, but then I have drawn it myself on a simple printer paper and pasted it on a card stock to make it a little stiff.
Bev sent me this stamped image :o)



I had to make it in a way to show as if a kid is giving the card to his mom. That is why I included balloons, grass etc... kid things...

Check out these balloons! LOL
The one at the top left, behind purple and green is way to oval!
The drawing was totally rough, I didn't do it neatly. My bad.




This card was made earlier otherwise I would have made the tree like Mel did HERE. Or almost like she did :-p
I am lovin my grass though! :o)

7 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

What an adorable card! Love it! And that fence and grass is just awesome!! Hugs, Melissa

Tee said...

This is fabulous! And Erum, when things are imperfect, that's when they seem handmade!
I have the same image and I didn't know what to do with it.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Tejal

Dawn said...

woweee
This is amazing Erum!
So much work - beautiful and the inside is stunning too!

Hugs
Dawn
x

SmilynStef said...

There is no 'perfect' shape for a balloon ... they're all a little different ... just like yours. I love every single little detail ... another fabulous card.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

It's all perfect! I love every last detail. You are so awesome! I'll have to try that belt card style sometime. It's adorable. I like your grass WAY better. It looks so real. And your tree is perfection too. SO cute! :O)

Shirley said...

The grass is perfect, the balloons are wonderful, and he is just precious!!!

Shirley said...

I forgot to tell you how grogeous the card above the little boy is. I love the flowers. All of you cards are always so perfectly designed.