Friday, September 23, 2011

CASE-A-DIVA: Laurie Schmidlin

* For Feline Playful blog party click HERE.

22092011388

Sorry, Cellphone pictures again.

Yeloow! I am back today with another card for CASE-A-Diva and this time I am CASEing Laurie Schmidlin’s super fabby distressed beauty shown below.

 

And also entering the Wee Memories no pattern paper challenge.

Here is my take on it.

22092011383

I have kept all the details almost same. I chose to go horizontal with the ribbon and sentiment.

I am not to happy with the scoring from MS board. The cardstocks used here are very sturdy so it was quite hard getting some good score lines. I like bits of hand stitching here and there.

The sentiment frame is traced from a template and cut “manually” lol  this is why it’s a bit uneven. I will get my hands on Spellbinder dies SOMEDAY! *wishful thinking*

Jumbo Glitter on butterfly by Pie Lane – Sentiment by Fiskars – Inks: Archival ink (sepia), ColorBox Cat eye queues in Lava Black and Sepia Gold – Markers: Crayola (brown)

Here is a little tip. I do this all the time… when you dont have the right colour cardstock, just do this:

22092011381

The base of my card is the same cardstock as the layer to which I have adhered the scraps and sentiment. I just coloured the edges and voila you have colour base of YOUR choice.

22092011382

I think I will CASE Andrea Ewen now, I am SOOO enjoying this! Happy crafting people, see you tomorrow!

xoxo

~E

15 comments:

Ujjwal said...

I love the rich cocoa color on your card and its a beautiful case!

Thanks for the tip, I have done it on a number of occasions. Try using acrylic paints on textured sheet. It gives a wonderful color and beautiful texture :)

jimlynn said...

Love those fabulous colors on this beautiful card! Great hand stitching and thanks for the tip on coloring the edges of the cardstock! I would have never thought to do that.
Lynn

Tee said...

Man oh man!! please stop for a day or two..you're making me feel useless!!
Will be sending some die cuts along your way too...
I love the rich colors of this card...yummy!!!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Truly beautiful!!

Anita Kejriwal said...

lovely card!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

love!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow this is amazing and i love the colors!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!

Alyna said...

ooooohhhhhh.... i love the browns :). the card u have cased is lovely too but i find urs lovelier. love ur stitching and distressing itx absolutely perfect. keep up the good work
hugs
ALyna

Alyna said...

oh and thanx for the tip, i do try it with color pencils at times :P. i am lil touchy abt my markers :)
lolx

Hussena said...

beautiful card,thank's for the tip about the markers and loved your hand stitching.

kavitha said...

Love the rich colors n the stitching,fab!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

It's so nice to see a Crayola marker among your tools! We've got plenty of those around here at my house. ;) I like your CASE of this card, too, especially that pop of pink in the bottom corner. Unexpected, and happy!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is stunning...luv this!

enjoy *~*

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing! Love the pop of blue and pink against the neutrals! Just gorgeous!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, how beautiful! You picked one of my all time favorite cards of Laurie's and I love the addition of the pops of color.